It really is sad when you go to the gym and see many people doing the same thing every time, and it's either really WRONG and you know they're going to hurt themselves or you can see they're bored out of their mind! This isn't the case for my friend, just what we see on a daily basis! (that and the dude out straight out of "Hot Tub Time Machine" I wonder if he'll ever let us take a picture).
I'm having a ball writing down what I know and creating some workout plans for her. Not only because now I have them in a written form, but also because so does my friend!
I'm sure I'll have a couple more workouts to write to the blog but thought I'd post these today!
Every time we work out, I want to show her different stuff. There are so many really cool exercises to do that work your muscles. Not just the same "curls, lunges, run on treadmill"- BORING! Well, I felt the need to write about it today because I expanded my own horizons today! I've used the rope before but I can't do too much of it because of my EDS (it will pull my arm and / shoulder out) but most of you can do it no problem! And my friend can attest that today's workout, even though was ALL DONE WITH A ROPE was a KILLER..
I found this video
This man makes all of this look so easy, let me tell you.. it is not! Especially that side plank! (we did not try that one). Ok here's what we did:
1 min each x 2
- Double Wave
- Single Wave
- In and Out
- Upper Cuts
- Bucket Dump
- Overhead Press
- Up and Out
- Arm Abductions (although I call this one the Flap like a Bat)
- Jumping Jacks
- Stability ball single leg lift single wave
Here's leg workout that, if done with some intensity, can burn some significant calories! - You need a Bosu, a Kettle bell, & a Step
- Warmup in the spin room - 7 minutes, but keep cranking it until you can't keep your 90-100 RPMs anymore
- 1 leg balance on the bosu
- Frog Jumps (25 yards)
- Kettle Bell Dead Lifts with Jumping Jacks between sets
- Alternating lunge on Bosu with weights in hand
- Calf raise on step with weights
- Step-ups 3 sets (first set with bicep curl, 2nd set with front raise, 3rd set with overhead press).
- Raise Aerobic step as high as you have or use bench, jump over it! (keep hands on bench if necessary).
- Sumo Squats on 2 benches holding a weight
- Jump Squats
- Wall Sits (keep legs at 90 degrees)
- Side abs with weights
- Pilates 100
- Pliates single leg stregth
- Side Plank
***NOTE ASSUME YOUR OWN RISK BY TRYING THESE WORKOUTS, I SUGGEST WORKING WITH A TRAINER OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO THESE EXERCISES THE FIRST TIME***