The following is an excerpt from a facebok page “You know you’re an ironman when”
These are my favorites:
- You pass a car on the highway and mutter, "On your left" – Catherine D.
- You have a bigger selection of running socks than you do dress socks – Bill D
- You are are still hungry 15 minutes after your fifth meal of the day – Dave P.
- Spin teachers want you to do the drills where you stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down.... But instead you stay seated and crank the gear to practice IMCDA hills – Jai M.
- When you hold your breath that your car with 170k miles will pass inspection, only to then go straight to the bike shop for your 2nd tuneup of the year. – ME!
- You take your kids for a swim in the ocean and you describe it not as cold, but as "wetsuit legal" – Jim B.
- When You race so hard you vomit and your first concern is "there goes all my hydration! " – Jeff M.
- When you take a nap at 10am in your car! – Tata F.
- You dread winter because everything you wear will soon smell of chlorine. And sheets. And car. – Blaik O.
- Your equipment could have been designed by NASA and it cost as much as a lunar mission.- Dwayne A.
- Your bike is always up on maintenance and your car is 3000 miles overdue for an oil change – Melissa K.
- People complain about how long the line for the portas are at a local 5k and you think, 'you've got no clue'. Ryan K.
- You own more Lycra than cotton or denim – Damien T.
- Getting dressed for a workout less than an hour seems like a waste of time. – Stefan M.
- When your wife affectionately calls the Cervelo P3 hanging on the bedroom wall your mistress. – Stephen P.
- When you do a sprint tri then do 12 miles after- Shawn H.
- You ride more miles on your Tri bike than your motorcycle [car] annually. – Eric E.
- That moment where you're 70.3 sticker just doesn't feel cool any more. – Kristel S.
- When, as a man, you have more pair of tights than any female in your family- Reed M.
- You are more worried about your bike than yourself after a hard crash.. – Shawn H.
- When...If your house was burning down you would grab the tri bike... Dwayne A.
- When you invited for your sister wedding to cyprus, and you seeking a triathlon contest on the island - Gabor W.
- A bike in the living room is perfectly normal.- Dwayne A.
- When every family vacation has to include a race or training time. – Mark M.
- all day your wondering 'did i eat enough protein?'- Jeremy B.
- When you wake up from a dream in a panic thinking that you lost your wetsuit the morning of your IM race. – Lance W.
- When your house looks like hyenas live in it two days before leaving for IM a week early! – Christa M.
- You have to wait for the sun to come up to go for an open water swim.- Dwayne A.
- When you don't question biking 100 miles but think driving 5 is far – Colette S.
- When one workout a day feels like you wimped out. – Shawna B.
- You are insulted when people refer to your IRONMAN as a MARATHON – Julie S.
- When 9 PM is kinda late.- Dwayne A.
- When one minute under the hour is a very big deal.- Shawna B.
- When you spot random numbers painted on the street and you try to figure out if you are on some sort of course.- Dwayne A.
- When you have not styled your hair or worn make -up in weeks...why bother...you are just going to either get wet or sweaty and it's way too much work. – Ren H.
- When you ride your bike farther in a day than most people drive their cars in a weekend!- Nicole J.
- When you start taking days off work to get in that 100+ mile ride for the week...- Kelly O.
- Your gym locker smells better than your car!- Mauricio S.
- When you see the sunrise more often than the sunset – Kristin M.
- When your colleagues ask who is smelling like a rubber duck after a lunch break wetsuit swim – Volker E.
- You know yer an Ironman when you CAN'T SHADDUP ABOUT IRONMAN!!! - Dee C.
- Your spare room is a large walk in closet, laundry and sorting area – Ron E.
- You just bought a Trek 9.9 and you have no problem telling people what you paid. –Chris W
- Your wet suit costs more than your nicest dress suit. Sina S.
- Your social life is reduced to Facebooking with only friends whose profile pics are of them doing some race.- Matt I.
The facebook group is run by the owner of Energylab, check them out, and thank them for crowd-sourcing this gem!
Here are my top 10:
Check out my facebook page for more updates of my Journey!